Providing medical services to over 12,000 patients in Bury St Edmunds and 7500 in Brandon , the doctors, medical staff and support staff work from the purpose-built, well-maintained surgeries to support the healthcare needs of their patients.
Professional and friendly staff of all ages will make you feel welcome and put you at your ease.
Swan Surgery is a training practice and has GP registrars and junior doctors from West Suffolk Hospital.
WHY JOIN US
Accessibility makes the surgeries popular. Swan Surgery is close to the centre of Bury St Edmunds and has its own parking. Forest Surgery has a free public car park in front of the surgery.
To fit with a modern lifestyle our communications technology makes contacting us as convenient as possible.
Our extended opening hours give you more opportunity to see a doctor or nurse around your other commitments.
Prescriptions can be ordered via telephone, online or in the surgeries and are processed within 48 hours.
Urgent medical conditions can be seen within 24 hours by a Doctor, Nurse Practitioner or Practice Nurse.
Registering with us is quick and easy.
Check you live in the practice area for the surgery you wish to register with and either complete the registration forms or drop into the surgery and speak to any receptionist on the front desk.
We require a form of identification upon registration.
- Corona Virus update communication 24.02.2020The NHS and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ens...Continue Reading
- Surgery ClosurePRACTICE CLOSURE FOR STAFF TRAINING From 12:30 to 18:30 on Tuesday 25 February 2020, this practice will be closed for important clinical education ...Continue Reading
- Physician AssociateWe are pleased to welcome Lauren Rottman, Physician Associate to Swan Surgery. This is job role which supports doctors in the diagnosis and managem...Continue Reading
- Dr Gove & Dr DunnePlease be aware that Dr Gove and Dr Dunne have now retired, if they were your GP you will have been allocated to another GP, if you wish to know who t...Continue Reading
- Pre-diabetes Education EventIf you are a Swan Surgery patient why not pop in to a pre-diabetes education morning on Saturday 8th February 9:30 – 11:30. Take this opportunity to...Continue Reading
- Flu Clinics 2019Flu season is here again! Our Saturday walk in clinics this year will be held on the following dates 8.30-11am at both Swan and Forest Surgery: ...Continue Reading
- Forest Surgery Registered GPPlease be aware if your Registered GP is Dr Gove this will be reallocated to Dr Reed or Dr Sengupta due to Dr Gove retiring April 2019.Continue Reading
- Forest Surgery Registered GPPatients that have Dr H Haas as their registered GP have now been moved to Dr E Reed or Dr B Sengupta. Dr Haas continues to work with us but will...Continue Reading
- Surgery ClosuresPlease be aware the Surgery will be closed for Clinical Governance and staff training on the following dates between 1-5pm: 20th November 2018 ...Continue Reading
- Text Message ServiceWe may use your contact mobile number to contact you via text message service for appointment reminders and cancellations, health campaigns, surveys a...Continue Reading
- Data-Sharing and General Data Protection RegulationsFrom 25th May 2018 a new data privacy law will be introduced in the UK. As a result, we’ve produced some new privacy notices which detail how the NH...Continue Reading
- Stay Well This WinterDuring this time busy time of year, you can help yourself – and the NHS – by using the most appropriate healthcare option. Think Phar...Continue Reading
- MJog Patient Messaging ServiceWe are improving the way we communicate with our patients using "MJog Patient Messaging Service" We use MJog, a fully automated text and email mess...Continue Reading
- Self Care AwarenessWe are a Self Care Aware Practice What is self care? Self care is about looking after yourself in a healthy way. It can be anything from bru...Continue Reading
- Test ResultsIf you are contacting the Surgery for tests results including swabs and blood, please call us after 2pm allowing up to five working days to receive th...Continue Reading
- New Telephone SystemPlease be aware that we have recently upgraded our telephone system. Please note that when contacting the Practice the options to select have now c...Continue Reading