Consult our doctors online
Our eConsult service lets you:
Request advice and treatment from our practice online
Get self-help advice for hundreds of common conditions
COVID-19 Vaccination for Eligible Adults
We have been offering appointments for a Covid Vaccination to our registered patients since early January. If you are over the age of 50 years old and have not had contact from the surgery or are yet to book an appointment, please contact us so we can arrange your vaccination
This vaccination will be free of charge
We are inviting patients via SMS. This will contain a link to an online booking system and is NOT a scam. Please choose a suitable time and book your appointment. Any problems please call the Surgery and they will be able to book the appointment on your behalf. If you have your appointment booked elsewhere please link the link and ‘decline’ so we will not contact you further.
A leaflet on COVID-19 vaccination is on the following link – please click here to read before you attend
Please click here to read, download and print your consent form. Failure to attend without a signed consent will result in us being unable to vaccinate you. If you are unable to download a consent form please collect one from your own GP surgery before the day of your appointment.
Please read the detailed guidance at: www.nhs.uk/covidvaccination
You may also find this Frequently Asked Questions section helpful: https://eput.nhs.uk/news-events/coronavirus/coronavirus-vaccine/
During the vaccination delivery, we will maintain the range of measures we have in place to reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19. Staff involved in administering the vaccine will be wearing personal protective equipment and will adhere to all infection prevention control measures.
The Suffolk and North East Essex ICS has a website which aims to offer residents a single, comprehensive and accurate source of information about Covid-19 and vaccinations.
Visit the website here – www.sneevaccine.org.uk
The website will be updated regularly and contain the very latest information on the ongoing vaccination programme in order to give people clarity on this major situation including: Most up-to-date information on who is eligible to receive the vaccine
- Latest details of locations of vaccination centres
- Updates on progress of the local vaccination programme
- Accurate information on efficacy and safety of the vaccines
- A Q&A section covering the most commonly asked questions
- Interviews with people who have received the vaccine and staff who are delivering the programme
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT OUR 2020 FLU CLINICS PLEASE VIEW THE DEDICATED PAGE IN THE ‘INFORMATION’ TAB ABOVE
Providing medical services to over 12,500 patients in Bury St Edmunds and 7500 in Brandon , the doctors, medical staff and support staff work from the purpose-built, well-maintained surgeries to support the healthcare needs of their patients.
Professional and friendly staff of all ages will make you feel welcome and put you at your ease.
Swan Surgery is a training practice and has GP registrars and junior doctors from West Suffolk Hospital.
WHY JOIN US
Accessibility makes the surgeries popular. Swan Surgery is close to the centre of Bury St Edmunds and has its own parking. Forest Surgery has a free public car park in front of the surgery.
To fit with a modern lifestyle our communications technology makes contacting us as convenient as possible.
Our extended opening hours give you more opportunity to see a doctor or nurse around your other commitments.
Prescriptions can be ordered via telephone, online or in the surgeries and are processed within 48 hours.
Urgent medical conditions can be seen within 24 hours by a Doctor, Nurse Practitioner or Practice Nurse.
Registering with us is quick and easy.
Check you live in the practice area for the surgery you wish to register with and either complete the registration forms or drop into the surgery and speak to any receptionist on the front desk.
We require a form of identification upon registration.
- Training closure 16.09.21PRACTICE CLOSURE FOR STAFF TRAINING From 12:30 to 18:30 on Thursday 16th September, this practice will be closed for important clinical education a...Continue Reading
- Christmas Repeat PrescriptionsPlease make sure prescription orders are with us by 18th December at the latest to guarantee they will be ready to collect before Christmas. ThanksContinue Reading
- 11.11.2020 - limited waiting-room spaceIf you are asked to attend an appointment at the Surgery in person you will be asked to wait outside (or in your car) until the clinician is ready to ...Continue Reading
- 07.10.20 - Blood TestsNationally there is an urgent situation with being able to complete some blood tests. This is caused by our supplier, Roche, being unable to deliver s...Continue Reading
- 22.09.20 - Surgery closurePlease note the Surgery and Dispensary will be closed on 22nd September 2020, 12.30 - 18.30pm for training. A service for urgent medical need is provi...Continue Reading
- 05.08.20 - West Suffolk Hospital PhlebotomyPlease see below the link for booking Phlebotomy appointments which will help support social distancing and reduce waiting times. Booked appointments ...Continue Reading
- 14.07.20 - Attending your appointmentGuidance to keep you safe when attending your appointment Coronavirus (COVID-19) has had a major impact on the NHS. As a result, you may h...Continue Reading
- 28.06.20 - Survey requestYou are invited to complete this survey: https://surveys.eahsn.org/zs/BQhQMAContinue Reading
- 22.06.20 - Saturday openingWe remain closed of Saturdays until further notice, this includes the Dispensary. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.Continue Reading
- 15th June 2020 - Cervical Screening Awareness WeekDelayed or cancelled #CervicalScreening? Worried about attending? Don’t know what to expect? It’s #CervicalScreeningAwarenessWeek and @JoTrust wa...Continue Reading
- 05.06.20 - BSE PCN HUBFrom Monday 8th June 2020 we will be changing how the Practice is accessed. We are pleased to say this is due to reducing the size of the Bury St Edmu...Continue Reading
- 01.06.20 - Antibody TestingIn line with national guidance, antibody testing (to see if you have had Coronavirus) will be rolled out in Suffolk in a safe and phased way. It has b...Continue Reading
- 19.05.20 - Saturday openingPlease be aware that we are not planning to be open on Saturday's until July 2020. This will include our Dispensary so please make arrangements to col...Continue Reading
- 23.04.20 - Dispensary opening timesPlease be advised that our Dispensary will be closed this Saturday morning (25.04.20). We will be open again from 08.00 am on 27.04.20.Continue Reading
- Covid-19 update 10.04.20We are open every day over Easter for any urgent calls. This is to provide additional capacity to ensure NHS111 has the capacity it needs.Continue Reading
- Phlebotomy - 06.04.20Phlebotomy Outpatient Service West Suffolk Hospital New Opening Hours during the COVID-19 Crisis Please note that from Tues...Continue Reading