Providing medical services to over 12,000 patients in Bury St Edmunds and 7500 in Brandon , the doctors, medical staff and support staff work from the purpose-built, well-maintained surgeries to support the healthcare needs of their patients.
Professional and friendly staff of all ages will make you feel welcome and put you at your ease.
Swan Surgery is a training practice and has GP registrars and junior doctors from West Suffolk Hospital.
WHY JOIN US
Accessibility makes the surgeries popular. Swan Surgery is close to the centre of Bury St Edmunds and has its own parking. Forest Surgery has a free public car park in front of the surgery.
To fit with a modern lifestyle our communications technology makes contacting us as convenient as possible.
Our extended opening hours give you more opportunity to see a doctor or nurse around your other commitments.
Prescriptions can be ordered via telephone, online or in the surgeries and are processed within 48 hours.
Urgent medical conditions can be seen within 24 hours by a Doctor, Nurse Practitioner or Practice Nurse.
Registering with us is quick and easy.
Check you live in the practice area for the surgery you wish to register with and either complete the registration forms or drop into the surgery and speak to any receptionist on the front desk.
We require a form of identification upon registration.
- 19.05.20 - Saturday openingPlease be aware that we are not planning to be open on Saturday's until July 2020. This will include our Dispensary so please make arrangements to col...Continue Reading
- 23.04.20 - Dispensary opening timesPlease be advised that our Dispensary will be closed this Saturday morning (25.04.20). We will be open again from 08.00 am on 27.04.20.Continue Reading
- Covid-19 update 10.04.20We are open every day over Easter for any urgent calls. This is to provide additional capacity to ensure NHS111 has the capacity it needs.Continue Reading
- Phlebotomy - 06.04.20Phlebotomy Outpatient Service West Suffolk Hospital New Opening Hours during the COVID-19 Crisis Please note that from Tues...Continue Reading
- Covid-19 update - 28.03.20For our Swan Surgery patients you will notice a few changes to the way we are operating from Monday 30th March and until further notice. ...Continue Reading
- NHS Volunteer CampaignHelping Us to Help You – The NHS Volunteer campaign - 25/3/2020 What is the NHS Volunteer campaign? The NHS Volunteer campaign is a new init...Continue Reading
- Covid-19 update 19.03.2020We currently have members of our team off work as a result of being unwell or self-isolating – this clearly affects our ability to maintain our serv...Continue Reading
- Covid-19 update - 13.03.2020First a reminder: DO NOT attend the surgery if you have a new continuous cough or a fever (high temperature). Please follow the advice at: www.nhs.uk...Continue Reading
- Coronavirus update 03.03.2020Please be reminded that if you are seeking general information on coronavirus use NHS 111 online rather than calling 111, this is to help ensure telep...Continue Reading
- Corona Virus update communication 24.02.2020The NHS and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ens...Continue Reading
- Surgery ClosurePRACTICE CLOSURE FOR STAFF TRAINING From 12:30 to 18:30 on Tuesday 25 February 2020, this practice will be closed for important clinical education ...Continue Reading
- Physician AssociateWe are pleased to welcome Lauren Rottman, Physician Associate to Swan Surgery. This is job role which supports doctors in the diagnosis and managem...Continue Reading
- Dr Gove & Dr DunnePlease be aware that Dr Gove and Dr Dunne have now retired, if they were your GP you will have been allocated to another GP, if you wish to know who t...Continue Reading
- Pre-diabetes Education EventIf you are a Swan Surgery patient why not pop in to a pre-diabetes education morning on Saturday 8th February 9:30 – 11:30. Take this opportunity to...Continue Reading
- Flu Clinics 2019Flu season is here again! Our Saturday walk in clinics this year will be held on the following dates 8.30-11am at both Swan and Forest Surgery: ...Continue Reading
- Forest Surgery Registered GPPlease be aware if your Registered GP is Dr Gove this will be reallocated to Dr Reed or Dr Sengupta due to Dr Gove retiring April 2019.Continue Reading